Middle/Upper School Math Teacher
Woodlawn seeks a full time Math teacher for the 2013-2014 school year to teach the following courses: Algebra I, Algebra II, and Discrete Math. The successful candidate will possess a degree in math and have a minimum of three years teaching experience.
Middle School Science Teacher
Woodlawn seeks a full time Science teacher for the 2013-2014 school year to teach 7th and 8th grade science courses. The successful candidate will possess a degree in science and have a minimum of three years teaching experience.
Middle School Language Arts Teacher
Woodlawn seeks a full time Language Arts teacher for the 2013-2014 school year. The successful candidate will possess a degree in English and have a minimum of three years teaching experience.
Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management at Woodlawn School will serve as the strategic leader for all initiatives and activities related to student recruitment, enrollment and retention. He or she will report to the Head of School and work closely with the senior administrative team to achieve annual enrollment and retention goals. Applicants should have experience at an independent school or college/university, preferably in admissions, and knowledge of an admissions database platform (Blackbaud preferred). The primary responsibilities include:
- Develop an admissions process that begins at the initial point of contact with a prospective K-12 family and includes multiple touch points to educate the family about Woodlawn School and shepherd the family smoothly through the application sequence
- Develop and oversee implementation of strategies for recruiting and retaining students
- Evaluate the current application, interview and testing/screening processes for students at all grade levels, and redesign as needed
- Collaborate with the Director of Development and Marketing to develop annual marketing communications plan made up of direct marketing, advertising, social media, public relations and development/design of admissions publications
- Develop and maintain relationships with current parents, real estate companies, local community organizations and area schools, especially those that could act as feeder schools to Woodlawn
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance to evaluate applications for financial aid and manage budget for net tuition discounts
- Organize and execute all admissions, orientation and welcome events, including tours and visits for prospective families
- Enter, track and manage admission prospects in the Blackbaud database
- Attend school admission fairs and additional community events
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills; have the ability to be creative; exhibit a collaborative and congenial work style and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment as a self-starter. This is a 12-month position with an expected start day of July 1, 2013.
Woodlawn School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or religion, in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs, and athletic or other school-administered programs.