Woodlawn Swimmers Prepare for State Championships
DAVIDSON, N.C. – Woodlawn School swimmers will be competing at the North Carolina Independent Schools Athletic Association (NCISAA) 1A State swim meet on Monday, February 16th at Greensboro Aquatic Centre. Seven swimmers qualified in individual events, reflecting terrific effort and a monumental accomplishment for the “tiny but mighty” Woodlawn School swim team, in only its second year.
The following Woodlawn swimmers have met the state qualifying standard in individual events:
· Axel Lindquist (Davidson) - 500 Freestyle, 50 Freestyle, 100 Freestyle, 100 Butterfly, 100 Backstroke, 200 Freestyle, 200 Individual Medley, 100 Breaststroke
· Zach Lorch (Iron Station) - 100 Butterfly, 100 Breaststroke, 100 Freestyle, 200 Individual Medley, 50 Freestyle, 200 Freestyle, 500 Freestyle, 100 Backstroke
· Michael Muchane (Davidson) - 100 Freestyle, 50 Freestyle
· Al Wills (Davidson) - 100 Freestyle
· Arianna Hoshino (Cornelius) - 50 Freestyle, 100 Backstroke
· Bella Jacoby (Huntersville) - 50 Freestyle, 100 Freestyle, 200 Individual Medley, 100 Butterfly, 100 Backstroke
· Elia Ramirez (Davidson) – 50 Freestyle
Each state meet participant can swim in as many as two individual events and two relays. Additionally, Ally Ault (Mooresville), Jocelyn Grzeszczak (Davidson) and Emily Dyckman (Cornelius) will join their teammates to compete in relay events.
Woodlawn is an independent school founded in 2002 and located just north of Davidson, North Carolina. Enrolling students in grades K through 12, Woodlawn is accredited by both the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and offers a challenging, project-based academic experience.